Saturday, February 14, 2015

Sketchbook Saturday


This pencil sketch is from 1989.  I don't have a clever story for this one other than if you look close you can tell that the picture I did on another page either bled through or transferred.  You can see where it says "BLOODS 2 Da <3" which is a hint at the social group I was around at the time.  I didn't bang myself but my cousin from Cali and the friends she managed to make did and I ended up getting friends through her instead of vice versa.  I was the goodie two shoes little sis of the crew.  The interesting and/or ironic thing is that only 50% of the gang bangers I knew in Tucson, Arizona back then were Black. Most were white or Hispanic and even one Asian. I know that this side story is irrelevant to the art shown, but I figured since it was there I would expound.

No comments:

Post a Comment